Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Birthday Party Details!

Lots of party details!!! They only turn one once so you're allowed to go all out! We've taken so many pictures during the past year that when I started thinking about his party I knew I somehow wanted to incorporate photos into his party so I started searching for some ideas and came across several "year in a flash" birthday party ideas! A friend of mine that knows my obsession with plaid came across this so how could I not use this as well........two of my favorites combined....plaid and photography! It was a win win! I enjoyed planning his party and watching our friends and family have fun celebrating Cooper's 1st year!


The invite!

the birthday banner
 the photo booth area - the plaid backdrop is actually his shower curtain that I plan to use at some point for his bathroom. In the mean time it was the perfect backdrop for the photo booth area!
 On the other side of this picture is a vase with mustaches on a stick
that I set out for people to use as props too. They were pretty fun!


These party favors were more for the adults telling them how
they can view picts from the photo booth
 His bib and high chair decorations were plaid as well! shocker I know! :)
 just a fun way to sum up his past year
 I covered 3 kids picnic tables with white drawing paper and put out crayons in baby food jars
The wraps around the jars were intended for water bottle wraps, but I had extras and they were a perfect fit
 I got a silhouette machine for my birthday - basically a machine that allows you
to cut out letters/shapes/etc I put that bad boy to use for this party

 We used this frame for our wedding and had pictures of us in it so
I was able to use it for his monthly pictures
 The basket I used for party favors for this kids
 The party favors were star sunglasses and a play funny face/mustache set
 I cut out the favor tags, punched a hole in it and tied it around the gift bag
 the food table minus the burgers that were on the grill.....
we had burgers, dogs, fruit kabobs, broccoli slaw and chips for dinner
 Again....these were the water bottle wraps that I had extra of....couldn't let them go to waste :)

 the mini cupcakes were for the kiddos
 probably my most favorite party detail......I made banana puddin' and put it in jars then cut out pictures of Cooper from the past year to put on the top of the jars. The perfect serving size and party favor!

 the smash cake.....I considered making it, but Publix does such a good job that I just got it from there.
 I was very pleased and Cooper seemed to like it just fine!
 waiting on his cake!

More picts from the party and photo booth soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment